Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Le Père Numero 1 #1 Dad in French Father's Day Keychains



Just sold one of these Le Père Numero 1 French Language Gifts / Presents for La Fête des Pères / Father's Day last night - very pleased about that! :-)

'Le Pére Numero Un' means 'Number One Father' in English. You'll notice that in French the word order is reversed. Having the qualifying word or adjective after the noun is common in the French language.

I designed this French language gift / present for Father's Day and for Dad's birthday.

In French Father's Day is called 'La Fête des Pères' (literally 'The Festival of Fathers'). It's also interesting to see how many common traditions exist between people all around the world. It's also very heart-warming. We're all not so different :-)

I selected more of a masculine font than usual for this French language gift / present to reflect the fact it's aimed at Fathers.

I wanted this to be a strong design, so I placed the font in all capital letters. I think this gives the effect of really awarding the Father / Dad with the number one spot!

I always like to mix text and graphics, if possible. The cup graphic you see here is great, because it has the '#1' on it. This makes it a perfect fit for this Number One Father French Language design.

I used the wonderful blue, white & red colors of the French flag on both the text & graphic of this Father's Day / La Fête des Pères Design.

I love locating a language by it's flag. I think it's a really simple, honest and beautiful effect. You'll notice that each of the two lines of French (Le Père and Numero 1) and the graphic have their own blend of the French flag colors.

I really like the effect of the blue, white & red fluttering across the design three times.

The design I sold was placed on black. This French language design is also available on a wide range of colors!

A perfect gift or present for Father's Day or your Dad's birthday, this French language design appeals to Francophiles, linguists and linguaphiles alike.

If you're stuck looking for a gift or present for a Dad who is learning French or a Father who simply loves France, this 'Le Père Numero Un' French language design works great!

The design I sold was featured on a Keychain. This French Language design is also available on 83 different gifts / presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment