Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bonjour (French Flag Colors & Smiley Face) Bumper Stickers



This is the most popular of my French language designs at the moment :-)

This a real happy design for me. I love the happy smiley face, smiling out at you in the brilliant white of the magnificent French Flag.

The black background sets of the potent and striking blue, white and red colors of the French Flag.

These colors have come to represent the founding principles of the French Republic: liberty, equality, and fraternity.

The blue, white and red of the French Flag were also the focus of Polish Filmmaker Krzysztof Kieslowski's French language cinematic masterpiece: The Three Colours Trilogy.

Rather than blending the colors of the French Flag (as I have in other designs), I decided to fit the blue, white and red to specific letters within the French word 'bonjour'. I feel this represents the French Flag more closely and invokes a stronger reference to it :-)

'Bonjour' of course means 'hello' in French (or literally 'Good Day').

It is the common greeting used in France and in France speaking countries, like here in Luxembourg where I live.

I say 'bonjour' on a daily basis to my French speaking neighbours, shop assistants and the people I meet in my day to day travels around the beautiful country of Luxembourg.

I selected a simple and friendly font to reflect the simple, friendly and everyday nature of the French expression 'bonjour'.

I think this French language design would make for the perfect gift / present for learners of French (from beginner to advanced)

This French language product would also be the perfect gift / present for people who share my passion for the magical French language: Francophiles, linguists and linguaphiles :-)

This bonjour French language design would also make a great gift / present for anyone who loves France:

Perhaps you've travelled to France and would like to 'continue' your trip? Hold onto that French feeling by sharing some of my French language designs with your loved ones :-)

Or perhaps you hope to travel to France one day and want to start feeling French culture already? Buying some French Language designs is a great way to embrace French culture.

Start learning a little bit of French in a fun, visual way that you can share with everyone you meet :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment